Saturday 28 November 2009

Chipmunka's Latest Releases!

Here's the latest e-books by Chipmunka Publishing, from both new and experienced authors alike! :

Love That Waited Forty Years On The 321 Bus - Dr Rosaleen O'Brien

"Book Extract

As I waited at the bus stop in the rain
I saw you just cruising along
Laughing and chatting with your usual customers
On the 321
Listening to their joys and tears
We only saw each other for six short weeks
Our friendship had remained at the back of our minds
For forty long years
Never got to know each other better
Never once dated and never sent letters
Once I got off your bus at Park Square
I had to walk home through the dark roads
For me you showed you cared
`That is a dangerous risk to take you warned`
Some one could attack
And you are walking alone
So dark is the night and you are far from home
Having said `goodnight` you drove off your day was done
I often think of you and how you cared
On the 321
Each night as we said our `goodbyes`
And I was off along these roads


But I knew that I would miss you loads
One night as you looked at me so lovingly
With that far away look in your eyes
You offered to drive me home
Why was I not surprised?
Kind thought for me as you were worried about my journey home
Which could easily have compromised my safety
Remembering that you said that I would be safe with you
And that to me dear meant a lot
I gladly accepted and got into your car..."

How To Be Sectioned - Zekria Ibrahimi :

"Let us be as unrepentantly weird as possible about this play...

We do not want to be respectable and precise... Schizophrenia is not a neat thing. It is amorphous, it is grotesquely psychedelic, and this play wants you to participate in schizophrenia at its most macabre, all the way to death and beyond...

We are in the underbelly of society, we are where shame and terror intersect, we are amidst the predators and the vulnerable...

This is the story of the System that feeds off the doomed...

This play hopes that you too will seek to be a part of schizophrenia, of what is the ‘other’. Why stagnate in a complacent sanity? Explode into insanity instead... "

Shakespeare's Little Sister - Fatma Durmush

"Shakespeare's Little Sister Is about a woman’s circumstances when she loses everything. She loses her husband and her job, her sanity her house. She is also raped but she is such a person that no one cares about. Helicopters is the metaphor for men, so without going into it because I don’t want to spoil the pleasure. It is me and what I became all those years ago and now.

It is also about books. "

Dark Side Of The Loon - Ben Lee Almond

"I have been in and out of a lot of different institutions since the age of six. The first time I was admitted was to the Mary Burbury unit at Burnley general hospital. I have been to prison a few times, a few children’s homes and many different types’ of wards and psychiatric units.

After spending so much time in these places, I started to write poems about how I felt and what was going through my mind. I made lots of them flow and rhyme with long dark descriptive words which reflects where my head was at the time. I documented my experience with schizophrenic affective disorder and the results are profound.

I was into drugs heavily which took me to dark places. Some of my poems explain the negativity that they create and the nasty world around them when you take them. I have seen many people in prisons and hospitals with drug induced psychosis and been through to myself. I would love these poems in particular to serve as a deterrent for any one even thinking of trying drugs.

Some of these poems are here to give you an insight into drugs and the affects on mental health disorders that people experience, my self included. This book was mainly written as I was moved from one institution to the next and became a big part in my self counselling which has helped me greatly along the road."

The Wobbly - Sid Prise

"This book centers on a young Australian man named “Wallaby” in the early twentieth century. Though he is white, a “Balanda” boy, he was raised the first six years of his life in an Australian Aboriginal camp, until the government of Australia stole him and all the other children from his adoptive family, and raised him as a “white” child in Darwin. He leaves his home there at the age of sixteen, to seek his love, Mary Delilah, who has been sent away to a convent in Sydney. His journey to find her takes him to America, where he seeks her out for the next ten years. Along the way, Wallaby discovers the Industrial Workers of the World, a revolutionary union movement, to which he pledges his life. As a person “in between” black and white, Wallaby always sees American civilization as an outsider, even as he battles to make his way in it. Before he can find his love, he discovers many things about himself and the civilization he's trapped in, and dreams much of its possible revolutionary future. "

Click on the books title on this page to find out more!

No comments: